Add a refreshing taste twist to veggie burgers, fish and poultry with this summertime salsa. Now abundant, peaches and tomatoes are rich in flavor and low in calories. Their juiciness is a perfect antidote to summer heat and their healthy dietary fiber will help fill you up. They also supply natural cancer-fighting phytochemicals and vitamins.
- 2 large ripe peaches, peeled, pitted and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 yellow bell pepper seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in quarters
- 1/4 cup thinly chopped green onions
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. freshly chopped mint leaves
Place peaches, yellow pepper, tomatoes and green onion in medium sized bowl. Add lime juice and olive oil; mix thoroughly. Let salsa marinate for up to 1 hour. Sprinkle with mint before serving.
Makes 6 servings.
Per serving: 70 calories, 5 g total fat (<1 g saturated fat),
8 g carbohydrates, 1 g protein, 1 g dietary fiber, 0 mg sodium.