Tuesday, July 27, 2010, Issue No. 307
Cool Down with a Fruit Freeze
AICR's Campaign for Cancer Prevention has begun. Volunteers are sending letters to their neighbors. If you receive one we hope you will respond with a donation. For more information or to volunteer go to aicrgive.org and click on become a volunteer.
Blueberry Watermelon Freeze
- 1 cup 3/4" cubed seedless red watermelon, frozen*
- 3/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 tsp. finely-chopped fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup apple juice concentrate
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1/4 cup water
- Fresh mint, for garnish, optional
In a blender, combine the frozen melon, berries, ginger, juice concentrate, and lime juice. Add 1/4 cup water. Blend until it is icy and fine-textured, stopping to scrap down the sides of the blender two or three times. Pour it into a wide glass, garnish with mint and serve, accompanied by a spoon.
* Freeze peeled, cut-up watermelon in a resealable plastic bag.
Makes 1 serving.
Per serving: 211 calories, less than 1 g. total fat (0 g. saturated fat),
53 g. carbohydrate, 3 g. protein, 4 g. dietary fiber, 20 mg. sodium.
All active news articles