Golf Events: Acknowledgments
Acknowledging those who helped to make your event a success is absolutely critical, particularly if there’s a hope to make your tournament an annual event. If sponsors and participants feel that they were appreciated and acknowledged, they’ll be more eager to participate in years to come. Here's how to give everyone a pat on the back.
- Program - If you provide programs for the event, the sponsors should be listed alphabetically, and by sponsorship levels. It is not recommended to list the dollar amounts that each sponsor contributed.
- Verbal Recognition - A verbal announcement should be made as well at the event in order to personally thank each sponsor.
- Thank You Letter - Sponsors should also receive a thank you letter after the event to update them on the success of the event. Please see the Examples page for a thank you letter.
Acknowledge the Course
- Course Management - Acknowledge the management at the course and any staff that helped to make the day possible, in the program and at the closing ceremony. If there is food provided, be sure to thank the chef and catering crew.
- Course Staff - If the golf course helped to staff the event, goodie bags or other giveaways should be provided for staff members as well. Keep in mind that, if you are playing on a Monday, golf courses are generally closed, and Mondays are often the only day the staff has off. A goodie bag for the staff will make their day!
Thank the Golfers
- Letter - After the event, participants should receive a letter of acknowledgement and thanks. Make sure that you have saved everyone’s contact information beforehand. We’ve included a sample thank you letter for participants in the Examples section as well.
- Website - If you established an event website, it’s important to update the website, thanking everyone, and including photos if available.
A Nod to Volunteers
- Again and Again- Volunteers should be acknowledged and thanked as well, both during the event in the program, at the closing ceremony, and after the event. If you have goodie bags for golfers, make sure to have extras for your volunteers.