2013 Marine Corps Marathon
The 2013 Marine Corps Marathon is scheduled for Sunday October 27, 2013.
Disclaimer: No federal or Marine Corps endorsement is
Why run for TeamAICR?
Because AICR is the cancer research charity that funds research specifically on the links between diet, physical activity, and weight management to cancer prevention and survivorship.
Scientists estimate that about a third of the most common cancers could be prevented by eating a healthy diet, being physically active and maintaining a healthy weight. We know marathon runners are committed to these goals, which makes YOU and US perfect partners.
What you Give:
- Your dedication.
- Your endurance.
- Your voice to ask for support.
What you Get:
- Guaranteed entry in the 2013 Marine Corps Marathon ( with TeamAICR's entry)
- A TeamAICR running jersey and goodie bag
- Personal fundraising and donation page
- Frequent fundraising advice and tips to help you reach your fundraising goal, including prizes for our top fundraisers
- Discounted virtual training
program with weekly training &
- 'Ask the Coach' support
available from Kopf Running
- Major kudos from scientists and reseachers whose endurance event takes
place in labs and cancer centers across America; and from cancer
patients and survivors whose endurance event is a life or death matter.
Fundraising Minimum: $750.00
Registration for the 2013 Marine Corps is $100 dollars. Following your registration, you will be provided with a personal fundraising page. We ask that all participants commit to raising at least $750 for the American Institute for Cancer Research by November 13, 2013. It's a lot of money, but we're here to support you all along the way! Together, we can make a difference and fight back against cancer.
If you are interested in running an event of your own to raise money for AICR please contact the TeamAICR Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Training provided by:
View past TeamAICR marathon photos.