Sunday, September 29, 2013
Why run for TeamAICR?
Because AICR is the cancer research charity that funds research specifically on the links between diet, physical activity, and weight management to cancer prevention and survivorship.
Scientists estimate that about a third of the most common cancers could be prevented by eating a healthy diet, being physically active and maintaining a healthy weight. We know marathon runners are committed to these goals, which makes YOU and US perfect partners.
What you Give:
- Your dedication.
- Your endurance.
- Your voice to ask for support.
What you get:
- Guaranteed entry in the 2013 Marine Corps Marathon ( with TeamAICR's entry)
- A TeamAICR running jersey and goodie bag
- Personal fundraising and donation page
- Frequent fundraising advice and tips to help you reach your fundraising goal, including prizes for our top fundraisers
- Discounted virtual training
program with weekly training &
- 'Ask the Coach' support
available from Kopf Running
- Major kudos from scientists and reseachers whose endurance event takes
place in labs and cancer centers across America; and from cancer
patients and survivors whose endurance event is a life or death matter.
Fundraising Minimum: $2,500.00
By signing up for the Berlin Marathon to benefit AICR
you agree to raise a minimum of $2,500 by October 13, 2013. If you have
not raised that amount by the deadline, you may make your own donation
to reach that minimum.
If you are interested in running an event of your own to raise money for AICR please contact the TeamAICR Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Training provided by:
View past TeamAICR marathon photos.